Extrusion Team Leader
Our client, a medical device company in Leitrim are currently looking to recruit an Extrusion Team Leader
For their site.
- Ideally certification in engineering or science and/or 2-3 yrs. experience at a supervisory level. Evidence of communication and strong supervisory skills.
Duties/ Accountabilities (incl. Deputation):
This involves but is not limited to:
- Supervision of extrusion lines to ensure that all plant Safety, Quality/GMP, Productivity and Waste management objectives, policies and procedures are met.
- Supervising the day-to-day running of the extrusion department to ensure that extrusion jobs, including cleaning, set up, sizing and running schedules, are optimised and daily targets are met. Support Extrusion Technicians in achieving these targets.
- Focus on motivating staff in the extrusion area through good communications, problem solving, team building, positive and negative feedback and other methods as appropriate. Co-ordinate and assign daily tasks with Technicians, Inspectors, Operators, etc.
- Ensure the Extrusion Cleanroom housekeeping is maintained at high levels and implement and sustain 5S activities and standards.
- Supporting Continuous Improvements and Lean Manufacturing activities as required...
- Ensuring that the necessary training and up-skilling activities are carried out, evaluated and documented to optimise production operator versatility.
- Ensuring that work practices and procedures are adhered to, continuously evaluated & maintained using PROQUIS document control system as required.
- Ensuring that production efficiencies and targets are continuously met and reviewed ideally through a documented visual display system.
- Ensuring that process controls are clearly documented and adhered to in accordance with work instructions and that any out-of-control conditions, (including calibrations) are immediately addressed and rectified (with the assistance of engineering and/or management as required).
- Supporting new product introductions & change controls. Liaison with engineering and management for scheduling and supervision of product trials, validation builds, etc.
- Ensure Work order packs are completed fully and accurately and GDP is maintained to a high standard.
- Resource optimisation/planning in accordance with order requirements
- Liaison with Warehouse Operator re. Stock maintenance and control (using IQMS) and customer liaison as required
- Routine participation in Quality initiatives, trouble-shooting, internal audit programme/CAPA programme.
For further information on this Extrusion Team Leader role in Leitrim please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval