Telephone: 087 4108620
Purpose of position:
- The Extrusion Technician is responsible for the running of all extrusion products / product iterations & new technology trials, liaising with the technical department on customer requirements with regards to dimensions, performance criteria, materials.
- The position at senior level will also involve project management of new equipment / technologies/process developments/lean manufacturing in the extrusion area and on line training of extrusion personnel.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the Technical Supervisor deliver on a production schedule which effectively achieves output targets and delivery dates.
- Deliver on key performance metrics for the extrusion department.
- Ensure that products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain effective communication with the Technical Supervisors and the Manufacturing Manager in order to promote awareness of and conform to customer requirements and safety.
- Support and provide technical input on new products/technologies and customer trials to meet scheduled delivery dates, through direct communication at shift handover meetings/project meetings.
- Attain technical expertise in extrusion technologies and materials.
- Work with the Technical Supervisors in implementing training programmes in the extrusion department.
- Actively lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions, technology and communications. Utilize the lean manufacturing tools.
- Support the extrusion manager/project leader on new technology/ tooling/ materials required to meet production and sales objectives.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, particularly housekeeping, GMP and safety.
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages are completed in a timely and accurate manner as specified in the quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Complete equipment and process validation activities as per the quality system requirements.
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately on a daily basis.
- The extrusion technician will have a degree/cert or equivalent in Polymer, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Medical device or manufacturing experience is essential.
- Hands on experience in extrusion and plastics material knowledge is preferable.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
For further information please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment Website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.