Telephone: 086 0100903
Extrusion Technician - Day Shift
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Extrusion Technician for their site.
- Setting up and running extrusion lines, including complex tooling assembly & breakdown, structured process trouble shooting & optimisation, perform a quality sampling plan on extruded material & provide guidance & support for PBs inspecting on-line.
- Identification & completion of problem solving / process improvement activities for responsible lines positively impacting key business metrics of People (incl. Safety), Quality, Service & Cost
- After appropriate training, become capable of setting up and successfully running any extrudate (including tooling assembly / disassembly).
- Ability to understand processing characteristics of different types of extrusions (tapered, co-ex, multi-lumen interrupted etc.), understanding key process input parameters (e.g. temperatures, pressures, tooling, line speed) impacting key process outputs (e.g. product dimensions, tensile or mechanical performance)
- Ability to read and understand product specifications and their influence on process parameters.
- Ability to work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Good communication skills, obtaining thorough handovers from, and providing thorough handovers to previous/following shift technicians identifying specific troubleshooting activities completed & recommendations for next shift. Also able to interact well with PBs on-line & technicians across the Extrusions area.
- Actively utilises key systems in the area (e.g. MES, SPC, EPS/LPS) as part of day-to-day operations.
- Strong technical aptitude to understand plastics processing and the overall operating principles of an extruder.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
- HETAC Level 6 Qualification in a relevant technical discipline. Polymer/ Materials Engineering disciplines are a distinct advantage.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Some knowledge of tooling materials, assembly, handling and storage is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Extrusions processes.
For further information on this Extrusion Technician position in Galway please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.