Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Extrusion Technician for their Galway site.
Part of a core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting the extrusion core polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key extrusion maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on extrusion equipment.
- Execution of extrusion tooling changeover’s and equipment setup’s as part of production runs.
- Integral part of the manufacturing team that saves commercial product on a daily basis.
- Participate in problem solving & process improvement.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Min HETAC level 6 in a relevant technical discipline.
- Diploma level in Polymer Engineering or equivalent would be desirable
- Strong knowledge of Extrusion equipment and processes.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Medical Device industry experience a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For further information on this Extrusion Technician role please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.