Facilities and Equipment Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12511
Facilities and Equipment Engineer – Galway
Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will join the Facilities team working across equipment and facility upgrades, overseeing equipment/facility relocation projects, equipment calibration and maintenance projects and related tasks. The position will liaise with our EH&S (employee health & safety department) and will be diverse, rewarding, and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills with a medical device company who are leaders in the development of biomaterials processes for use in Medical Devices. This role is required to support a phase of rapid expansion and growth due to new business activities.
The successful candidate will have an engineering or related background, a strong mechanical aptitude, be highly organised and possess a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Facilities & Equipment Engineer will be principally engaged in the following tasks:
- Oversee site-manufacturing and site-services equipment Installation, Calibration and Preventative Maintenance management systems, ensuring execution, and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate equipment & facility relocations and set ups as new buildings come on line
- Provide high-value support the manufacturing and design-services functions relating to equipment and site services introduction on site.
- Assist existing engineering and technical staff in troubleshooting with respect to repair of equipment on the production floor, whilst ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Develop and introduce a system of appropriates metrics and targets to drive minimal equipment downtime on site
- Monitor equipment performance and, using problem-solving methodology based on data analysis, suggest programs to improve system reliability
- Optimise the existing equipment maintenance programs on site towards increasing overall equipment availability.
- Work efficiently using own initiative, escalating decisions to the Senior Manufacturing Manager and Director of Operations as appropriate.
- Assist with the mentoring and training of other Maintenance personnel on site.
- Assist R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams with key input into design-for-manufacturing and equipment and facility flow/layout development.
- Representing the Maintenance/Facility Department within teams, participating in Lean Manufacturing and improvement activities.
- Work with the engineering teams in the design, construction, testing, commissioning, and stabilising of new equipment a Provide technical skill and equipment-related expertise when involved in analysing non-conforming material for cause, rework and / or corrective action
- Enjoy a multi-departmental approach to problem-solving where everyone this company has a voice and is respected for their input in driving root-cause-analysis reviews.
- Always strive to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field is required with a minimum of 4 years in a facilities / site maintenance-support role.
- Experience of supporting the operations of a medical devices site is essential for this role with knowledge of ISO8-class cleanroom infrastructures and systems a requirement.
- Strong project management, leadership and influencing skills are required for this role
- Working knowledge of ISO 14644 Standards for Cleanrooms is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and passionate about minimising equipment-related impacts to site operational targets and possess excellent time-management, presentation, communication skills, technical writing skills and organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A Mechanical aptitude with a scientific rigour, attention to detail and a willingness to acquire new skills are key requirements for this role.
For further information on Engineering role in Galway please contact Brian Walsh on +353 86 0449371 or email:email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…