Our client, a medical device company in Clare are currently looking to recruit a Facilities Engineer for their site.
The Facilities engineer prepares plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for moderately complex building construction, rearrangements, maintenance, facilities installation and floor layouts used in plant construction and/or manufacturing shop floor. Schedules and arranges work on projects in accordance with production requirements. Supervises and inspects work in progress to determine that work meets specifications. Outlines projects and prepares drawings as required. Designs and directs installation efforts for manufacturing and plant equipment, safety and environmental devices or equipment required to meet all required standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritized work assignments; manage significant event reporting and follow ups for all critical events to closure. Expedite repairs in most cost efficient and timely manner.
- Development of best practice predictive & preventative maintenance programs.
- Prepare detailed layouts, plans, specifications and bid requests for equipment and construction
- Provide project management for facilities expansion/renovation projects. Ensure on time completion of projects within budget.
- Deal with local and outside vendors in the acquisition or replacement of new materials for machinery or equipment.
- Direct efforts of contract labour on projects and day to day support.
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for moderately complex building construction, rearrangements, maintenance, facilities installation and floor layouts.
- Direct Facilities spares control. Develop into cost effective/efficient operation. Minimize stock levels, yet still allowing for effective maintenance operation.
- Serve as a member of the EHS safety committee.
- Participation in regulatory and corporate audits
- Monitor capacity and determine what additional utilities are required for any new equipment installations with a view to having duty/standby where possible.
- Implement programs for the conservation of electricity, water, gas, and compressed air along with waste management
- Team work and customer focus oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train, coach and motivate team members.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes, OSHA, Good Manufacturing Practices, environmental regulations and ISO standards.
- Strong project management expertise.
- Must be experienced in Plant/Facilities equipment such as HVAC, UPS, water treatment and compressed air systems.
Education / Experience
- B.S. (Level 8) in engineering with 4-5 years minimum facilities experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Very good IT/computer skills including an understanding of BMS & CMMS systems.
For further information on this Facilities Engineer role in Clare please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval