Our client, a leading medical device manufacturing company located in the West of Ireland is recruiting for a Facilities Lead to join their team in Mayo. The Facilities lead’s function is to maintain existing facility equipment and install new facilities equipment to ensure that the facility department delivers all required services to the manufacturing process enabling the plant to deliver its key Quality, Service & Cost Objectives.
- Manage the overall services provided within the facility.
- Contribute to development of strategy, vision and structure around facility management.
- Manage all facility projects from concept development through to project completion.
- Manages Facilities budget with a focus on reducing operational costs.
- Manage the overall building and facilities equipment maintenance/calibration schedules.
- Manage Plant Layout - Facilities and Process Equipment to optimise production requirements with a focus on Lean thinking.
- Lead the Facilities function to deliver best in class Facilities experience.
- Track building and facilities equipment upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance needs.
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure all internal and external audits are successfully completed.
- Manage Facilities Health & Safety, Disaster Recovery plans in accordance with company policy and legislation.
- Ensure the security of the building.
- Maintain the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- Drive engagement in the Facilities team through ongoing skills development and training on maintenance best practice.
- Support the Environmental management processes and policies within the facility.
- Manage performance in the Facilities team to ensure resource use is optimized.
- Manage the facilities department recruitment process in conjunction with the HR department.
- Manage the plant fire protection system and liaise with factory Mutual Insurance (FM) on all aspects of plant protection.
- Manage the calibration system and the expansion of Blue Mountain PM system on site.
- Support the maintenance of ISO standards on site ISO13485 and ISO14001
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Engineering discipline Mech / Elec - Master’s Preferable or Degree in energy conservation
- Project management qualification is desirable with 5+ years’ experience of facilities management, performance management, including supervisory level experience for a minimum of 2 years - preferable in a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally knowledge of HVAC equipment, Fire Equipment Systems design and maintenance and of compressed air, chiller applications, design and maintenance
- Knowledge of cleanroom design and construction, PM Systems (Blue Mountain) and Building Management Systems (Cylon BMS)
For further information on this Facilities Lead role in Mayo please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.