Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12848
Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Direct and provide leadership for the maintenance and operation of the facility’s physical plants, all mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, HVAC, utilities, and grounds ensuring the plants are in a safe, secure, and operational state.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of Galway site facilities and associated systems and services in line with business needs and in compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Supervise, lead, and provide direction to Facilities Engineers, Technicians and third party contractors. Provide guidance and training, developing subordinates to attain career goals, motivating individuals to achieve results, and recruiting and maintaining a high quality staff.
- Initiates and monitors an effective and economically justified preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Track, trend, and implement improvements using corrective maintenance data to reduce cost and improve facility operations.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect facilities operations and maintenance. Develops and maintains operating policies for facilities maintenance and operation. Ensures accurate maintenance records are kept for the Galway site.
- Manages and supervises outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair, buildings, equipment, and utilities systems including facility cleaning, landscape maintenance, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, and general maintenance.
- Responsible for business planning for facility maintenance projects. This includes developing budgets, schedules and resource planning goals.
- Participate in facility upgrade projects and modifications to provide input into the design, commissioning, and installation of facility systems.
- Partner with production and other cross-functional groups in order to achieve plant and business objectives.
- Responsible for facility systems operation including BRMRAM, FIRM and Business Continuity Systems
- Interacts with customers to define projects, to resolve conflicts, clarify and negotiate facility maintenance issues.
- Develop and maintain facility operation and maintenance standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Works with manager to establish department goals, objectives, resources and facility budgets.
- Research, design, and implement new systems and process improvements as necessary.
- Actively participates in Facilities and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) management team.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect facilities operations and maintenance. Develops and maintains operating policies for facilities maintenance and operation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering – Level 8
- 5+ years’ experience
- Detailed knowledge of Facilities electrical, mechanical & control systems.
- Knowledge of building regulations.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Sam Nolan on Consult@hero.ie or 086-1287244
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13368 Senior HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12772 Manufacturing Engineer (NPI) Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are currently recruiting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13250 Manufacturing Technician Responsible for the safe, efficient running of the Kiefel Thermoforming machines, working as…