Our client, a pharmaceutical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Facilities Manager for their site.
- Manages activities of the Facilities Departments to support the manufacture of Pharmaceuticals in a regulated environment and maximize the benefit to the company. Works with Engineering Maintenance site lead to connect with site leadership.
- Primary responsibility for leading and deploying on-site facilities and utilities maintenance operations, infrastructure management and compliance. This includes but is not limited to support to facilities and utilities projects, energy initiatives, asset management, reliability and business operations.
- This position serves as a single point of accountability for facilities at the site level and is responsible for delivering quality, safe, compliant and productive infrastructure management and facility services with high focus on reliability and customer service.
- Deploys facilities standards aligned with business priorities as set by site/ campus LT. These standards are developed collaboratively under direction of the WWETO facilities COE.
- Works with site level Engineering/Maintenance lead to enable them to serve as site level facilities single point of contact, understand site/platform strategies and expectations and translate them into facilities and site service solutions as part of a site/platform master plan in line with global facilities standards.
- Ensures efficient, reliable, and high-quality deployment of site maintenance and utilities operations within scope and all facilities operations, utilizing an effective balance of internal and external resources including service providers. Accountable for the resolution of technical and operational issues that may arise.
- Ensures the functionality and the proper maintenance of all equipment for the facility department in compliance with all GMP
- Lead setting, tracking and achievement of annual facilities goals and objectives including metric improvement targets. Sponsors continuous improvement activities focused on these goals.
- Supports deployment and effectiveness of the ME2, Reliability, Asset Management and Calibration Programs at the site. Assure the facilities organization maintains equipment with a focus on sound practices identified by ME2 and RCM. Equipment uptime is a key indicator of success.
- Develop and manage to annual goals and objectives along with financial budgets.
- Establish and manage relationships with contractors to ensure quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines
- Owner for 5 year asset replacement plan for assigned assets. Supervises facilities engineers in development of plan and drives approval of plan through site and platform management
- Partners with Compliance/Quality/EHS site based organizations to drive harmonization and fulfilment of compliance programs. Liaise closely with the EHS and QA/compliance functions to ensure compliance with all regulatory and local requirements.
Knowledge Skill and Ability Requirements
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, and Chemical) discipline with supervisory experience required. Related experience in facilities management preferred.
- BS 9-12 yrs MS/MBA/Ph.D. 6-9 yrs
- MBA desirable
- PE/PEx/FPx certification desirable
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval