Facilities Service Manager
Job ID: JOB-11528
Facilities Service Manager
The purpose of this role is to to develop innovative technical solutions for Facilities Services while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results. The scope of services includes food, general maintenance, cleaning, security and business continuity, and a variety of sub-contractor management. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leads the business continuity system across the campus and liaises with the global security organization to ensure that we adopt best practices across the network
- Directs cleaning & janitorial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities.
- Directs grounds and landscaping to ensure a safe and attractive environment, while enhancing the safety and durability of the property.
- Establishes an effective working relationship with the IT desktop team to provide suitable new way of working (NWOW) solutions. Coordinates meeting events and set ups in support of key visits from executives & clinicians.
- Directs the security operations across the campus, liaises with the global security team and is a key point of contact for any unplanned fire alarm incidents
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades. Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance.
- Manages tradespersons and employees within the Facilities Department. Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures. Develops recommendations concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures.
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations.
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets.
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees. Qualifications:
- Min. HETAC level 8 in degree in facilities management, a related qualification in engineering, management or business studies for example or a relevant professional qualification
- Other desirable qualifications may include Certified Facilities Management (CFM) and/or project management (PMP).
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
- Has managed multiple departments including grounds, housekeeping, construction/project management and maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to lead quarterly and annual business reviews in front of the leadership of the client.
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development, innovation and team building.
- Has strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
For further information on this Facilities Services Manager role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11742 Warehouse Team Lead Our client in County Mayo are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Lead. In…
Job ID: JOB-11667 Recruitment Consultant – Cork Office HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Cork office. Our…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….