Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Finance Manager for their site. This role would be reporting to the Senior Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager is responsible for coordinating and controlling the full range of complex accounting functions for the required regions. He/ She is responsible for the general accounting functions and management of team members within the GL function for that region. He/ She has responsibility to co-ordinate, review and sign off on all GL activities for their region. He/ She is also responsible for managing the successful on-boarding and integration of finance transformation activities into and out of AIL as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the Performance management of the team, ensuring that the ‘Can do’ process is maintained, SMART goals are set and that team members receive relevant and timely feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for the Induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered and measured.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the daily workflow of the accounting team including the completion of detailed account analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the SBS.
- Manage both local and Philippines based GL Accounting teams.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyse cost information for presentation to and review by divisional managers.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Provide day to day cover for Team when members are absent in particular when critical deadlines need to be met.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial reports for defined entity/ region, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Review of entities balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Review entities monthly accruals & prepayments to ensure all items are accurately captured.
- Review of entities Income statement variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review of entities compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition criteria.
- Review significant revenue contracts for in scope entities to ensure compliance with corporate revenue recognition guidelines.
- Support in transition of functions (Record to Report in particular) to other locations into the AIL SBS.
- Ensure delivery of all ad hoc reporting requirements as they arise and manage and review reports for accuracy prior to publication.
- Interface with corporate tax and treasury on all matters that impact the business unit including tax strategies.
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations.
- Enhancement of existing processes and development of new ones to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
- Provision of technical expertise, support and guidance to the accounting group.
- Promote team work within the group.
- Develop relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise efficiently with corporate and with the other IT business subsidiaries throughout the world.
- Provide training and support where possible to the Finance teams in Galway and Philippines.
- Ensure that the internal control environment is operating as intended and that any improvements are implemented in a timely fashion
- Provide assistance to the worldwide finance organization where required.
- Other duties & projects as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- 5+ year’s relevant experience – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background.
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office & Qlikview.
- Fluency in a European language an advantage.
- Occasional travel may be required.
For further information on this Finance Manager role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.