Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Finance NPI Business Partner for their site. This position is an opportunity to join a high calibre Finance team in a large medical device company. The role is responsible for the accounting, planning, reporting & analysis of all New Product Introduction (NPI) costs for the site. This position leads the R&D tax credit claim process & grant applications/claims for the site – these critical processes will require someone with experience in this area & the ability to deploy effective project management disciplines to ensure accurate, on time submissions.
- Business Partnering – Provide financial support to your NPI partners through comprehensive review of the financial performance, lead forecast & budgets for their area & provide financial appraisal support as required.
- Support the preparation and submission of CERAs (Capital Expenditure Requests) for all NPIs and ensure asset register accurately reflects all NPI assets upon commercialisation.
- Calculate COGS model for all NPIs in conjunction with the divisions and the Cork manufacturing site and engage with key stakeholders in the divisions as appropriate.
- Leading the costing set up process for new products for commercialization i.e. managing the finance cost roll process in conjunction with Operations.
- Lead the R&D Tax Credit Claim process - Ensure appropriate due diligence & compliance with Revenue guidelines. Prepare, collate and coordinate with other Irish sites & with external auditors to ensure on time submission.
- Lead Grant Claim Process – In conjunction with NPD, identify opportunities for external funding, support grant applications, prepare grant claims & manage external grant audits.
- Accounting - Lead the month end close process for NPD.
- Coordination with Global Business Services & local finance team to ensure transactions are posted correctly.
- Variance analysis - review of results versus latest forecasts and budget.
- Grant & Tax Credit Income recognition.
- Project Statement preparation to communicate results of NPI & Manufacturing Scale Up Projects.
- Balance Sheet Review – Accruals & Provisions
- Identify & implement process improvements to improve the efficiency of Finance processes in this area & improve the service we offer our business partners.
- Manage and collate all headcount data for New Products.
- Attend and proactively support and contribute at all NPI reviews /meetings.
- Maintain effective control systems for areas under your responsibility ensuring full compliance with Corporate Policy, SOX & GAAP.
- Support projects depending on Finance & Business priorities.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualified experience.
- Experience in a large multinational environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Tax Qualification or direct experience in R&D Tax Credits would be an advantage.
- Expert level financial system & excel skills are essential.
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Proven aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements.
For further information on this Finance NPI Business Partner role in Cork please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.