Finance Project Analyst – 6 month Fixed Term
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Finance Project Analyst for their site.
Reporting to the Senior Cost Accountant this role will support the Standard Cost Validation Project by analyzing and validation various data sources, working with various departments providing feedback and timely follow up to ensure data integrity.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Data Analysis:
- Gain a robust understanding of the various production process areas.
- Become fully familiar with the various product and presentation types.
- Work with production support staff to fully understand the current available labour data.
- Interrogate data to determine accuracy and completeness:
- Determine variation per product type including min, max, average.
- Determine variation per presentation type within each product group.
- Compare to defined routing per SKU.
- Reconciliation of recorded production labour hours to payroll paid hours for defined time period.
- Ensure complimentary approach with existing interdependent projects / processes.
2. Stakeholder Communication:
- Prepare regular project milestone status reports.
- Senior Management Team updates.
- Regular communication with relevant stakeholders involved in interdependent projects / processes, e.g. S&OP and Planning.
- Direct feedback on findings, anomalies to relevant staff.
- Maintain open actions matrix.
3. General Support:
- Work closely with Senior Cost Accountant in relation to project approach and deliverables.
- Evaluate and monitor project progress.
- Timely follow up and closure of identified actions.
- Work with relevant staff to find solutions to any limitations or anomalies in the current available data.
- Make proposals regarding format, content and layout of data to best facilitate the project and key stakeholders.
- Assist with annual standard cost update preparatory process.
- BA degree in Finance or Business
- 3 years’ experience in the Financial services industry is preferable
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Data Interrogation Skills
- Advance MS Office, in particular proficient Excel skills
- Superior Attention to Detail and an Individual Who Places a Premium on Accuracy of Output.
- Ability to build strong working relationship in a complex and busy environment.
- Adaptable, Flexible and Grasps New Concepts and Processes Quickly.
- Strong Communications Skills across a Wide Stakeholder Group.
- Prior experience in Costing and Budgeting would be an advantage but not desirable.
For further information on this Finance Project Analyst role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.