Our client, a Leading Services Company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for their site.
As part of a high-performing Team, the Financial Accountant will be supporting the Financial Controller in delivering the Company’s growth agenda and monthly reporting requirements. The Financial Accountant will assist with the monthly close process and deliver timely consolidated management reports and analysis. In addition, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for participating in the enhancement of the financial systems whilst maintaining an adequate financial control environment.
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for the entities.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for fixed assets, payroll, accruals etc.
- Prepare & File VAT returns.
- Sales Reporting and Analysis.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Proposal and development of continuous improvements using lean tools to existing processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained.
- Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required.
- Performs a variety of other related accounting tasks, as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of three years relevant PQE.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in performing accounting tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Excel reporting skills and ability to analyse a high volume of data.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Shared Service environment is advantageous.
For further information on this role in please contact Helga Reeves on 0868168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval