Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for their site.
- Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small-medium-large size affiliates
- Work with local affiliate finance organization to understand activities happening in affiliate
- Prepare trial balance package and investigate trial balance account fluctuations to understand and document drivers
- Present trial balance package and fluctuation analysis to financial director/local controller for local sign off
- Resolve issues identified and agreed upon during local review
- Manual Journal Voucher Processing
- Ability to identify and prepare a journal voucher when needed
- Understands appropriate supporting documentation required for manual journal vouchers
- Assess if journal voucher accounting and documentation submitted for entry is appropriate
- Prepare and Review Account Reconciliations:
- Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology based on the type of account being reconciled
- Understands appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
- Create/maintain account models (templates used to define reconciliation methodology and process steps)
- Able to work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
- Utilize reconciliation repository tool to document account reconciliations and route for approval
- Creation and presentation of training materials as deemed appropriate
- Ability to understand and implement new/updated accounting rules and policies as required
- Local, US GAAP and SOx audit support
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and the Red Book.
- Ensure all SOx and operational controls are completed to the required level and within the agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities and comply with any corrective actions required.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
- Uphold a high quality of work which is efficient and effective while always maintaining a right first time approach.
- Accounting degree (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- 5+ year of public accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Experience in and deep understanding of judgmental accounting transactions
- Ability to apply strong accounting theory in reviewing affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS, policies, SOx and other requirements
- Knowledgeable of SAP
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and issues resolution skills
- Self-starter, high learning agility
- Identify process improvement opportunities and experience with lean and Six Sigma
- Ability to influence at all levels without direct authority
- Experience of working in a high production, deadline driven environment
- Multi-lingual skills an advantage (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese etc.)
For further information on this Financial Accountant role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval