Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Financial Accountant - 6 month Contract for their site. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation of month end journals to accurately reflect the period transactions and monthly closing balances.
- Ensure internal controls are followed accurately & consistently and in line with Policies
- Preparation of analysis and commentary on month end financial reporting such as Investment Responsibility, Entity, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Headcount, Project Expenses and timely follow up on queries. Responsible for latest best estimates and plans associated with these areas.
- Responsible for ensuring company balance sheet is reconciled each month including preparation of Blackline reconciliations with full backup.
- Responsible for the Fixed Asset Function to ensure all expenditure is tracked and recorded correctly and within budget. Capitalization of Assets when in use and disposal of obsolete assets. Set up of WBS structures for new assets.
- Review statutory returns such as VAT/PAYE/Payroll/Pension/CSO & Government surveys. Work with Corporate Tax to ensure accurate posting of tax balances in local books
- Co-ordinating the annual External Audit and any other Group Audits.. Also be the prime contact with the external auditors during their field work and follow up queries.
- Review & approve the monthly payroll calculations prepared by the outsource provider
- Continue to develop best practice in the Finance Function and Company as a whole.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Chartered Accountancy Designation or equivalent professional qualification
- Relevant industrial accounting experience, preferably within a large multinational environment or large accounting practice. Where coming from practice, a secondment would be useful
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal accounting, financial and operating controls.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and colleagues in all functional areas of the Company
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven self-starter with ability to set objectives and plans and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strengths in verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
For further information on this Financial Accountant - 6 month Contract role in Cork please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.