Our client, a medical device company in Westport is currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant with German on a 9 month basis for their site.
The Financial Accountant is accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support all accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with US GAAP/ Local GAAP (IFRS).
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all statutory books in compliance with local requirements
- Ensure compliance with VAT, tax and fiscal requirements
- Review of US GAAP accounts and month end close
- Statutory Compliance & Management of External Financial Audits
- Responsible for the G&A Budgets and Forecasts, including preparation of annual plan for designated cost centres
- Ensuring the integrity of internal financial controls.
- Liaison with local management
- Projects and continued process improvement initiatives
- Preparation of all statutory books in compliance with local statutory requirements for assigned entities.
- Check that all entries are in line with the Local GAAP and maintain the local chart of accounts
- Analyze all accounts and prepare monthly and year-end entries for statutory requirements as appropriate
- Prepare reconciliations for fiscal purposes; keep updated local fixed assets register.
- Prepare reconciliation between local and US GAAP for all entities
- Prepare statutory books and annual reports for assigned entities.
- Liaison with outside parties where required.
Ensure compliance with VAT, tax and fiscal requirements:
- Prepare and submit VAT & Intrastat returns, prepare payments, print mandatory books
- Work with the VAT department to ensure the integrity of the VAT records.
- Responsible for calculation of income taxes and tax submissions
- Ensure that all other local taxes are paid on time.
- Preparation of deferred tax statements
- Perform all monthly intercompany cross charges & ensure supporting backup is in place & invoices are generated for all charges.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are available for a tax inspection including AP invoices, VAT returns, statutory accounts, Tax fillings, Tax payments, Tax reconciliations, communications etc. All documents easily retrievable from local archive
- Ensure all inter-company agreements are in place to support transfer pricing requirements
- Preparation of US GAAP accounts and month end close:
- Review of the monthly US GAAP accounts in conjunction with our outsourcing partner
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations review
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close and corporate reporting
- Carry out month end review to ensure accuracy & correctness of month end accounts in line with Fiscal requirements.
- Prepare all the info requested by internal and external Auditors
- Compile information packs required for audit process including detailed analytical review and account analysis
- Calculate detailed tax provisions in accordance with local requirements
- Represent the local entities at audit meetings & in dealing with any ad-hoc requests that may be required.
- Ensure efficiency & timeliness in the provision of any information to the outsourcing company, if relevant.
- Prepare information for & co-ordinate with outsourcing arrangements in respect of local external audits.
- Liaison with local management
- Representative for Finance for the legal entity
- Liaison with local management and review market issues arising which may have an impact on the financials.
- Conduct regular meetings in country with local management.
- Present financial information and accounts to local management with supporting information and analysis to enable them to approve and sign the financials.
- Maintain and review Service Level Agreements with the local market.
Project Accountabilities / Scope:
- Participate in the design, build, and implementation activities to develop common end-state financial and accounting processes in support of their direct supervisor
- Participate in exception management and continuous improvement activities, as a part of his/her day to day work effort in accordance with the global, regional and country specific process standards
- Develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support as requested for special projects and continuous improvement work efforts
- Coach and mentor peers, 3rd party outsource service provider staff, and less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role.
- Minimum Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting, preferred
- Statistics or economics or local country equivalent, considered
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US Gaap accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other enterprise systems experience
- Process excellence experience
- Good level on Microsoft Excel
- 3-5 years of accounting of industry finance experience
- External Audit/ Public Accounting experience
Minimum Language Skills: English required & German or second language desirable
For further information on this a Financial Accountant with German role in Westport please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.