Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Financial Analyst for their site.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- As Financial Analyst in the Euro Sensors Operations Finance team, main tasks will be:
- Responsible for the Inventory Accounting, with a focus on the ongoing management and review of standard costs on system
- Assisting in managing the Ops Finance monthly period close process – reporting and analysis of the results; review of all transactions, and reconciliation of all balances to the general ledger; in-depth sales and margin analysis; price, labour and material variances; production and non-production scrap; material and manufacturing absorption; fixed cost spending; warranty accruals; inventory movements
- Close relationship with the Operations of the site with a particular focus on cost savings and inventory turns projects
- Preparation and analysis of weekly and monthly KPI’s ( i.e. Gross Margin %, Inventory Turns, Productivity conversion and Savings, absorption etc) – responsibility for the explanation of these metrics
- Assist in the organisation of the annual physical inventory at the site (Finance lead on this PI team) and the monthly cycle counts.
- Participate in the TEOA-F program and related reporting process to ensure the EMEA sites achieve the metrics targets set by the company annually
- Liaison with auditors / tax compliance specialists for the year end audit
- This position is directly reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst and indirectly to the EMEA Operations Finance Manager
- Ad hoc projects related to both Finance and Operations
- University/ Master Degree in Finance/Accounting field
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- Experience in an Operations Finance role
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- 3 years+ Post-qualification experience in a multi-national, manufacturing environment, with broad and detailed Costing and Inventory accounting responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to challenge information received that does not appear to be correct / reasonable.
- Knowledge of MS office tools – advanced Excel essential
- Knowledge of SAP FI (useful, but not essential)
- Ability to work with multiple IT systems and to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
- Proactive / self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to make process improvements
- Good organisation / time management skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility as required to meet the reporting deadlines of the parent company
For further information on this Financial Analyst role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.