Who are the client
Our client are a leading pharmaceutical company in Cork seeking a financial controller to join the UK team
Why this role
- Global pharmacutical
- Top employer in Cork
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Fun social events
- Fast career progression
- Excellent onsite facilities
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely Financial Statements for UK & Scandinavian countries, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Accountable for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a robust review and deep understanding of monthly Trial Balances across all countries.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance across the full hub, taking account of different materiality in different countries.
- Responsible for SOx compliance across all countries in the UK Hub.
- Leverage and coach role of Assistant Controller (direct report) to support in achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Delivery of local Statutory Accounting, Transfer Pricing, Tax and Payroll accounting for Scandinavian countries through a team of three accountants (direct reports) located there.
- Partner with UK Finance Manager on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both group (all countries) and statutory audits (Scandinavian countries).
- Travel is circa 20% an predominantly UK and Denmark
What do I need
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 8 years post qualified. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage
- Controllership / Finance management experience gained in a Multinational Company
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP) is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands.
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly
- Demonstrated experience in Supervision / People Development
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
- Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian language skills an advantage
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company