Telephone: 086 0449371
Financial Controller (Big 4 Qualified)
Who are the client
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller for their site.
Why this role
- Leading pharmacutical in County Galway
- Very competitve salary and benefits
- Fast career progression
- Excellent onsite facilities
What will I be doing
- Lead and manage a high performance Finance Team including FR&C, AP, FP&A & Treasury
- Continuously review and improve finance processes, systems and procedures to drive measureable improvements in outputs, productivity and quality of information produced.
- Continually develop and improve the professional skills, competences and business knowledge and profile of finance team members.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and financial pack and ensure accuracy of information included
- Ensure all monthly schedules, reconciliations and journals are approved in line with best audit practice
- Manage annual financial audit and preparation of statutory audited accounts
- Ensure the individual company accounts and related intercompany pricing, journals and cost allocations are compliant with transfer pricing documentation
- Ensure all statutory returns are submitted accurately within deadlines
- Maintain a robust system of internal controls, accounting and finance procedures to safeguard company assets, monitor financial performance and meet audit requirements
- Coordination of insurance renewals for the Group on an annual basis ensuring adequate cover is in place and manage all claims in conjunction with insurance broker
- Liaise with HR to ensure all payroll is coded correctly on the accounting system
- Prepare monthly sales and quarterly gross margin analysis by product and by customer
- Analyse overhead expenditure monthly and highlight areas of concern and work with relevant managers to improve efficiencies.
- Prepare summary and analyse the stock levels for each division of the Group and provide input to monthly stock scorecard meeting
- Prepare annual budget for the Group including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement including detailed sales, gross margin and overheads analysis.
- Work closely with Costing Team to gain an understanding of variances between standard and actual costs and update system as required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts based on financial forecast model
- Provide input as required to rolling five year strategic plan
- Provide Finance input to Group Operational Excellence and Visual Management initiatives
- Manage the accounts payable team to ensure all purchase invoices are processed and paid in an efficient manner
- Dealing with any escalation of invoice queries
- Review aged creditors listing on a monthly basis and seek clarification where required
- Review creditor reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Investigate and implement IT improvements that help improve productivity of the AP team.
- Monitor controls in place for the approval of purchase invoices to ensure best practice.
- Prepare/Monitor rolling 12 week cash flow forecasts to ensure the efficient use of available funding
- Review Invoice Finance balances on a daily basis and ensure all reserves are correct.
- Prepare weekly report showing overall Group cash position
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast for inclusion in financial pack
- Secure lease finance where appropriate for plant and equipment capital expenditure
What do I need
- Qualified Accountant with Big 4 training background
- Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience
- Proven commercial/operational finance track record in large, complex and demanding environment.
- Manufacturing experience is an advantage
- Strong analytical, financial reporting and auditing exposure
- Demonstrable experience of influence and impact on business decisions.
- Target and Result driven
- High business acumen and the ability to build strong and effective working relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead an established Finance team
- Candidates will also display clear leadership qualities and performance management skills.
For further information on this Financial Controller role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval