Telephone: 086 0449371
Financial Controller with Spanish
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller for their site.
What will I be doing
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher, account reconciliation, capital asset accounting, Intercompany processes.
- Influence and lead strong control environment.
- Lead the monthly review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business in the respective affiliates/hub, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate Finance Manager on local statutory and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex accounting treatment.
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business acumen, commercial awareness across a broad base of business.
- Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Shared Service Center (SSC) Leadership and Teams.
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams.
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions: Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing, LRL, HR and Compliance.
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and SSC.
- Focus SSC on operational excellence
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing SSC performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders.
- Influence and Co-ordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate initiatives.
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate Senior Finance Director to design and maintain appropriate, right sized resourcing levels to provide Optimum Financial Services and Solutions.
- Succession Planning.
- People Business Continuity Planning ensuring continuous and consistent service delivery (incl. training, transition management).
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for SSC, Hub/Affiliate staff.
- Active contributor to the broader company Controller community.
What do I need
- Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant - Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 5 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Fluent Spanish language essential.
- Accounting experience in a European country is an Advantage
- Local Spanish tax knowledge is an advantage.
- Fluent Spanish Written & Oral
- SAP/Oracle expertise is an Advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands.
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organisations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve result through people, directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated experience in Supervision/People Development.
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment, strong communicating skills essential.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement and an ability to influence at all levels.
- Significant travel to local affiliate expected initially to build relationships and knowledge.
For further information on this Financial Controller role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval