Our client in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Financial Controller for their site.
As part of a high-performing Team, the Financial Controller will be supporting the Financial Director in delivering the company's growth agenda and financial results. The Financial Controller will oversee the day to day activities of the finance team, lead the monthly close process, and deliver timely consolidated management reports, KPIs and analysis of results.
- Financial Management
- Deliver timely consolidated monthly and quarterly management reports to a high standard of accuracy.
- Implement a financial framework to measure & guide business performance.
- Develop KPI reporting to support strategic, operational and sales initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Board reporting packs.
- Cash management.
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Drive and co-ordinate the preparation of annual budgets.
- Identify and recommend business and systems enhancements to improve financial results and accelerate sustainable business growth.
- Financial modelling and analysis.
- Systems and Controls
- Develop the current financial systems to efficient and effectively support the reporting and information needs of the organisation.
- Ensure adequate and robust financial controls are in place to minimise risk and protect company assets.
- Manage tax compliance including VAT, RCT and other relevant taxes.
- Relationships & Communication
- Day-to-day management and coaching of finance team.
- Support management and business teams to improve financial performance and secure sustainable business growth.
- Responsible for the year-end audit process.
- Manage and liaise with auditors and other professional advisors.
- Build strong working relationships across all teams within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Financial Controller to become a Financial Business Partner in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate:
- A technical strong Qualified Accountant (with a min of 5 years PQE).
- Strong commercial aptitude and a drive to seek continuous improvement in financial and business processes.
- Excellent IT skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and financial systems. Sage experience a plus.
- Ability to lead, educate and coach.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- A confident self-starter, with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines, i.e. get the job done.
Company Required Competencies:
- Customer Focused: Passionate about delivering excellent customer experiences.
- Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships
- Accountable: Follows through in all areas; accepts and delivers on responsibilities; requires others to follow through on commitments. Gets the job done.
- Analytical: Logical, systematic and methodical in working through a plan or problem; provides solid research on which to base decisions; establishes process for workflow.
- Flexible: Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures, and cultures.
- Quality Conscious: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules and standards.
- Innovative: Generates new ideas and solutions from self and others. An ability and desire to see beyond the familiar.
For further information on this Financial Controller role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.