Telephone: 086 0449371
Financial Controller - German Hub
Who are the client
Our client, a global pharmacutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller - German Hub for their site.
Why this role
- Top employer in Cork
- Fast career progression
- Excellent salary, bonus and benefits
- Fun multicultural environment
- Great onsite facilities
What will I be doing
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely USGAAP Financial Statements for Germany and Austria, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- USGAAP Financial Statement review and approval for the Pharma and Animal Health legal entities in Germany and Austria.
- Accountable for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a thorough understanding of monthly Trial Balances across both countries - Austria and Germany, and the legal entities within those countries - Lohmann Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing Affiliates for Germany; Sales and Marketing Affiliate and Regional Operations for Austria.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance across the hub, taking account of different materiality in different countries.
- Responsible for SOx compliance.
- Partner with Finance/Tax Managers on reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both Group and statutory audits.
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub
- Other Corporate Functions: Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Collaborate with groups and affiliates to drive operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Active contributor to the broader Company Controller community.
- Support key stakeholder needs by understanding and managing business performance and establish provisions where necessary with timely and accurate management information (i.e., establish true up of expenses quarterly with budget owners and enhance awareness of SOX/cost management controls with risk-based approach.)
What do I need
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 8 years post qualification. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage.
- Controllership / Finance management experience with a Multinational Company.
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP) an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands. Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated experience in Supervision / People Development.
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
- People Management and Leadership in line with Values
- Leverage and work collaboratively with the Hub Finance team to support the achievement of key shared objectives.
- Develop talent by effective coaching; participate in succession planning discussions.
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff.
- Actively connect with and support colleagues and cross-functional business partners, in person and remotely.
For further information on this Financial Controller - German Hub role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval