Financial Controller - Italian
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller - Italian for their site.
What will I be doing
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP and Local Italian Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual US GAAP trial balance review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business in the respective affiliates/hub, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Influence and lead strong control environment and robust compliance
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate CFO on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex accounting treatments on US GAAP and Italian GAAP and policy/procedures interpretation
- Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams.
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions: Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing, LRL, HR and Compliance.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing SSC performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus SSC on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders.
Partner with Hub/Affiliate Finance Director to design and maintain appropriate, right sized resourcing levels to provide Optimum Financial Services and Solutions.
- Succession Planning.
- People Business Continuity Planning ensuring continuous and consistent service delivery (incl. training, transition management).
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff, SSC.
- Active contributor to the broader the company Controller community.
- Lead a team of tax and accounting professionals
- Be able to take charge of, inspire and influence a team
- Actively connect with your people and champion employee engagement
- Develop top talent by participating in regular succession planning and having robust performance /coaching conversations.
- Work as part of the GBS management team to make the GBS a great place to work for all employees.
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders (internally & externally) to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyse and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant (Dottore Commercialista) - Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 5 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Controllership experience matured in Multinational Companies is an advantage
- Extensive Local Italian financial reporting and Tax experience
- Master's Degree / MBA qualification is desirable.
- Attentive to details to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- Italian native Language
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and analysing multiple entities with the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Proven strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organisations, job levels and geographies.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement
For further information on this Financial Controller - Italian role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval