HERO Recruitment are seeking to recruit a part time Financial Controller on behalf of Oyster Motors Ltd, Galway. Reporting directly to the Directors, this person will be responsible for managing, controlling and reporting on all accounting matters.
The individual will be responsible for standardising and optimising financial processes and delivering monthly accounts reporting and appropriate KPIs in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and have a track record of meeting tight deadlines. They will have strong analytical skills and have the skills to manage the various activities working on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities are not limited to but will include:
- Prepare and submit quarterly management reports within agreed timelines
- Analyse accounting data and report on weekly KPIs to the Directors and Management
- Prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Overall management of finances and cash flows
- Provides analysis of monthly results to the management (explain variance vs. budget, previous month on all P&L and activity analysis lines)
- Prepare various account reconciliation/analysis
- Posting of Month end journals including accruals, prepayments and fuel cards
- Posting Purchase Invoices, Bank Payments and Sales Journals
- Fuel Stock management and costing
- Complete monthly payments for approval.
- Preparation/review of supplier payments and creditor reconciliations
- Review Stock Take process and results
- Weekly and Monthly Payroll
- Preparation and filing of Revenue returns including PAYE, VAT & ROM
- Dealing with external auditors’ queries and requests
- Additional ad hoc projects/administrative tasks as they arise
- Compliance – Collaborate with external accountants, provide analysis and details as required. Comply with corporate taxation requirements within agreed timeframes.
- Other Project Work - On an ad hoc basis identify opportunities which have the potential to add value, follow this through and recommend change
Ideally you will possess the following attributes:
- Support strategic initiatives and manage the day to day activities
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA with proven experience working in commercially focused role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience post qualification in a similar position
- A strong understanding of all functions of accounting and business operations
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Organised, efficient, self-driven and assertive
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, together with a proactive and positive approach
- An innate ability to prioritise successfully and meet deadlines and targets
- Multi-skilled along with excellent time management abilities
- Hands on approach to deal with routine accounting duties, as well as the strategic elements of the position
- Knowledge of Sage 50 and Exchequer would be an advantage
To apply for this role please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.