Who are we
Our client who are a global medical device company in Galway are looking for a financial data analyst on an initial 12 month contract. In this role you will develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control. As part of the role you will perform technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. You will gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
What will I be doing
- Prepare weekly commercial reports for the Medical business using Access database
- Key member of Project Team to transition commercial reporting from legacy system to new system (Alteryx/Tableau) ensuring financial accuracy
- Roll out training on new system (Alteryx/Tableau) to finance community
- Provide support for the month end close process ensuring commercial reporting reconciles to GL.
- Work with Commercial team to gather, consolidate, and analyze commercial data, including analysis of quarterly trends and drivers, forecast vs. actual.
- Develop and deliver clear financial commentary in support of the commercial operating results.
- Work with Commercial team during the budgeting & forecasting process to produce backlog, bookings & sales forecasts.
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required e.g. initiatives to continuously improve and automate commercial reporting.
- Assist with management business and financial planning, including presentations and key analysis requests.
- The Financial Planning & Analysis Teams also perform economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
What Do I Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Extensive Excel knowledge
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, humility and a focus on business impact
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented, organized, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly
- Multi-national experience, manufacturing background is desirable
- SAP, Hyperion Planning, Essbase experience
- Working knowledge of MS Access database
- Working knowledge of Alteryx/Tableau
For further information on this Financial Analyst role please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.