Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Fixed Assets Analyst for their site.
- Assess if capitalisation forms submitted for entry have appropriate asset classes and useful lives
- Ensure alignment with global policies and accounting laws
- Clearly communicate to requestor, reason for not capitalising an asset
- Able to work with project managers to ensure timely capitalisation of assets
- Deliver training and support to Project Managers for assigned affiliates
Asset under construction management
- Understand the capital investments for assigned affiliates (manufacturing, R&D, Sales)
- Follow-up on late or inactive projects for assigned affiliates ensuring reasons for delays are appropriate
Ensure quality of accounting database
- Coordinate the physical inventory counts with the affiliate partners
- Ensure proper asset modification are updated in SAP (sales, write off, Master data modification)
- Month End, Quarter end and Year end closing activities in respect of the timing and in accordance with global procedures
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations in accordance with reconciliation methodology
- Accounting / Finance degree (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Capital finance and accounting knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Experience in and deep understanding of judgmental accounting transactions
- Ability to apply strong accounting theory in reviewing Affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS, policies, SOx and other requirements
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research and issues resolution skills
- Knowledgeable of SAP
- Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Build Strong Working Relationships with:
- Project managers for assigned affiliates
- Other GBS functions: GA, P2P, O2C, etc.
- Various levels of personnel in the company?s financial / affiliate organization
- Third party service providers
- External auditors
- Accounting Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits)
- Perform quality reviews
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve issues
- Deliver training as needed
Other operational responsibilities:
- Creation and presentation of training materials as deemed appropriate
- Ability to understand and implement new/updated accounting rules and policies as required
- Local and US GAAP audit support
- SOX audit support
- Internal and external reporting
- Special project work as it is identified
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
- Ensure all operational controls are completed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
- Uphold a high quality of work which is efficient and effective while always maintaining a right first time approach.
For further information on this Fixed Assets Analyst role in Cork please contact Valerie Lenihan on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval