Our client, a manufacturing company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Formulation Manager for their site.
- Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Formulations Team in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- Provide strategic direction to the Formulations Team by setting goals and objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead plant Formula Management activities including supporting BCP activities.
- Lead Formula Optimization work on behalf of the company in collaboration with R&D.
- Provide troubleshooting advice to adjust distressed batches and so minimize business impact.
- Build the infrastructure of expertise in the team to meet evolving business needs at the company.
- Lead team operational excellence activities to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Quality Assurance, Product Development or Regulatory Support function of a food related business.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Technical Master Data, Technical Networking, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs and Management of Confidential Information.
- Experience of people management in a people focused, team based environment is desirable.
- Strong communication, problem solving, planning and project management skills.
- Performance management, systems thinking and strategic planning skills are desirable.
- Good understanding of SAP, Batching Systems and Processing Equipment is desirable.
- A Third Level degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline. A Science Degree should preferably be in Applied Chemistry, Food Science or Food Technology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
- Frequent contacts with customers and suppliers from a variety of countries/continents.
- Leadership Team and Wider Management Team - daily contact in management of operation
- Other functional contacts throughout TCCC- approvals, reports, projects, technical support
- Corporate Quality Assurance
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval