Functional Manager R&D
Job ID: JOB-12554
Functional Manager R&D
We are looking to speak with experienced Functional Engineering Manager R&D about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
This exciting new job opportunity in Functional R&D management is located Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”!
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in R&D Engineering in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you.
The company value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
At our world leading Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
The Structural Heart & Aortic Division has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to reinvigorate their career within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices. As an R&D Manager you will be directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to an R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities supporting the Structural Heart & Aortic Division. Innovating at the forefront of interventional treatment, you will have opportunities to lead multidisciplinary teams in the development of trans-catheter heart valve devices, from project concept through to commercialization and beyond.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A Day in The Life Of:
Lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team.
Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Attract and retain talent in line with business need.
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
- Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports
- Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships.
Support the innovation of next generation designs and novel applications in Structural Heart and Aortic therapies.
Qualifications – External
Key Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with 7+ years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- Experience of direct management of a team.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- A strong communicator and fluent in both oral and written English.
- A dynamic team player and leader and who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on email@example.com or 086-3073779
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12997 Manufacturing Engineer Our client a medical device world leader in Clonmel is recruiting for a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12992 Warehouse Coordinator Galway Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12987 Senior Quality Engineer- Design Assurance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re…