Our client, a financial services company in Dublin is currently looking to recruit a Fund Accountant for their site.
What Will I Be Doing
- You will work directly with the Head of Private Equity and Hybrid Funds in Dublin and with Client Service Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of Private Equity Funds.
- You should have relevant experience in the Auditing or Administration of Private Equity funds along with some Supervisory/ Team Lead experience.
- The individual will be responsible for the review of monthly and quarterly net asset value deliverables for various Private Equity and Hybrid funds, including positions and cash reconciliations, accruals, fee calculations, hedging, and structure consolidations.
- Reviewing calculations and accruals related to debt investments, including interest, delayed compensation, and other fee accruals in line with facility agreements.
- Reviewing and creating carried interest and management fee calculations in line with fund LPAs.
- Working with the Managers, person will be responsible for the oversight of and development of junior staff.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships.
- A strong understanding of the systems used and will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of deliverables to assigned relationships.
- Reviewing partner allocations for consistency with the LPA of the relevant fund.
- Calculation and review of allocations for capital events, including equalisation events at subsequent closings, in line with the LPA of the relevant fund.
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required.
- Assist with the training of new colleagues.
- Verification of trades against Investment Manager and Broker references.
- Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments to relevant supporting materials.
- Processing daily cash transactions and activity.
- Cash and Asset reconciliations to Custodial Services, Brokers, and Investment Managers.
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions.
- Ensuring Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receive and respond to Audit queries.
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments.
What Do I Need
- Fund accounting experience at team lead or supervisory level.
- Experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organisational, and problem solving skills.
- Private Equity fund accounting experience, with demonstrated knowledge of fund types and life-cycle events.
- Experience using the PE accounting system Investran preferred.
- Experience using the Hedge accounting system SS&C/Advent Geneva preferred.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in advanced Excel functions.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- An ability to think critically and objectively.
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm preferred.
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed.
- An excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills.
- Focused on attention to detail with strong organisational skills.
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours as needed.
For further information on this Fund Accounting Supervisor position role in Dublin please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.