General Financial Accountant
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a General Accounting Analyst for their site.
Why this role
- Join a global pharmacutical
- Fun social events
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fast career progression
What will I be doing
- Be seen as a "go-to" information resource for all General Accounting related queries with full ownership for the Cash in Transit, Prepaid, & Accruals on the Balance Sheet
- Work closely with local affiliate finance organization to understand current activities at the affiliate & ensure these are properly reflected in the financial statements. This includes preparing accounting entries as well as reviewing locally prepared accounting entries to ensure accuracy & completeness of entries as well as appropriateness of backup.
- Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small/medium/large size affiliates including fluctuation analysis
- Ensure adherence to the standard month/quarter/year end timelines & coordinate the various contributing teams to facilitate this
- Ensure governance of, as well as support for, the external BPO team, regarding the quality and timeliness of accounting entries, clearing activities, ICO processing.
- Prepare/Review/Approve account reconciliations in accordance with internal reconciliation methodology
- Review key General Accounting metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure KPIs are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve.
- Support global/regional General Accounting projects
- Support the overall team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members
What do I need
- 2 years' experience in Finance function with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst demonstrating full ownership and accountability
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Ability to work in global team environment & communicate effectively with internal business partners of all levels & disciplines, as well as external BPO team members
- Experience with SAP GA Module, Business Warehouse or Business Objects
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
For further information on this General Accountant role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval