Telephone: 086 0449371
General Accountant Analyst
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a General Accounting Analyst for their site.
- General Accounting Analyst is to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the month end closing & related General Accounting activities throughout the EMEA region. This requires strict adherence to company policies while working closely with the European affiliates.
- Be seen as a "go-to" information resource for all General Accounting related queries with full ownership for the Cash in Transit, Prepaid, & Accruals on the Balance Sheet
- Work closely with local affiliate finance organization to understand current activities at the affiliate & ensure these are properly reflected in the financial statements. This includes preparing accounting entries as well as reviewing locally prepared accounting entries to ensure accuracy & completeness of entries as well as appropriateness of backup.
- Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small/medium/large size affiliates including fluctuation analysis
- Ensure adherence to the standard month/quarter/year end timelines & coordinate the various contributing teams to facilitate this, e.g. BPO, affiliate finance, CFR
- Ensure governance of, as well as support for, the external BPO team, regarding the quality and timeliness of accounting entries, clearing activities, ICO processing.
- Prepare/Review/Approve account reconciliations in accordance with internal reconciliation methodology
- Review key General Accounting metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve.
- Support global/regional General Accounting projects
- Support the overall General Accounting team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
What do I need
- 2 years' experience in Finance function or public accounting practice, preferably with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Accounting / Finance degree
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant and fluency in English
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively & effectively analyse & resolve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst demonstrating full ownership & accountability
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Ability to work in global team environment & communicate effectively with internal business partners of all levels & disciplines, as well as external Business Process Outsourced organisation team members
- Experience with SAP GA Module, Business Warehouse or Business Objects
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
For further information on this General Accounting Analyst role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval