Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for their site.
What will I be doing
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Irish/EU compliance legislation including Privacy themes/laws, Regulations and Enforcement of such & monitoring and reporting on new developments and trends.
- Providing advice and guidance on day to day Compliance, privacy or Employee relations legal queries and escalations
- Ensure all policies & procedures are up to date and adhere to Data Privacy and Employment law legislation.
- Develop, Advise and maintain a data protection framework including collaboration space management
- Assist with the design and monitoring of the Privacy controls including protecting information, data and asset security
- Develop materials and tools that support education that embed a compliance culture & mind-set
- Assist with the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance
- Report any detected breaches or risk issues internally or to external bodies as appropriate
- Maintain good relationship with internal and external regulatory authorities
- Ensure robust reporting on the progress and resolution of compliance issues, including escalation to Compliance Officer/Senior Management as appropriate.
- Providing legal advice in relation to the areas of Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Protected Disclosures and employment law.
- Working collaboratively with the management team to identify solutions to legal, ER and privacy issues.
- Maintain and update a Privacy Impact Assessment process and support management in undertaking assessments of new business, system and process changes to assess the potential data protection risks and challenges
- Provide advice, guidance and training to the business/other compliance colleagues as required on data protection developments to aid with implementation
- Project Manage any Special Project requests in line with company needs
What do I need
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Law, along with qualification as a solicitor/barrister and 3 years post qualification experience.
- Practicing solicitor or barrister with 3 years+ post qualification experience.
- A good understanding of data protection and employment law / regulation and how to apply it in a business environment.
- Experience in advancing, applying and monitoring compliance policies
- Strong influencing & communications skills and has the confidence to deal with management at all levels.
- Project management, with proven experience in delivering change management and control improvement projects
- Driven and enthusiastic energy towards delivering objectives and obtaining results. Focuses on priorities
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, Strong listening skills.
- Analytical approach to all aspects of a situation.
- Excellent organisational & reporting skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval