Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a General Ledger Accountant for their site.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the SSC.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner:
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end;
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end;
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured;
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts, involving communication with other business locations worldwide;
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required;
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required.
- Support in transition of functions to other locations into the SSC.
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations.
- Enhancement of existing processes and development of new ones to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
- Accounting Qualification ? ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- 0 - 5 years relevant experience ? preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Fluency in a European language an advantage
For further information on this General Ledger Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval