Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an General Ledger Accountant for their site
Reports To: Finance Manager
What Will I Be Doing
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the SSC.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts, involving communication with other Galway business locations worldwide
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required.
- Support in transition of functions to other locations into the SSC.
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year end review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations.
- Enhancement of existing processes and development of new ones to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
What Do I Need
- Accounting Qualification and a third Level Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Occasional travel may be required during the implementation phase
For further information on this General Ledger Accountant role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.