Our client, a leading Multinational in Galway are currently looking to recruit a General Ledger Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the SSC.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts, involving communication with other business locations worldwide
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required
- Support in transition of functions to other locations into the SSC
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year end review procedures and local statutory audits as required
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations
- Enhancement of existing processes and development of new ones to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
- The successful candidate will be fully qualified – ACA, ACCA, CIMA with a couple of years post qualification experience in a Multinational ideally Shared Service Environment.
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Flexibility as occasional travel may be required during the implementation phase
- Fluency in a European language an advantage
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. For further information on this role and confidential discussion, please contact Helga Reeves on 0868168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval