Global Component Engineering Manager
Global Component Engineering Manager
A leading medical device company is recruiting for a Global Component Engineering Manager for their site in Galway. This role will be responsible for IDEM, the Infectious Diseases Emerging Market Business Unit that consists of manufacturing sites in China, Korea, Japan and Jena, Germany, centralised services in Philippines, Hong Kong and Galway and the corporate headquarters in Chicago, US. The Supply Chain is responsible for managing the demand and supply of Lateral Flow Diagnostic Tests for Covid 19, HIV, Malaria, Hepatitis C, Flu and a range of Tropical diseases.
The IDEM supply chain is rapidly expanding as the company provides product & service responses to the diseases mentioned and as we develop our go to Market infrastructure and processes across our target geographies in Africa, APAC, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Lat Am.
The Global Component Engineering Leadership role will be instrumental in shaping the Supplier Development strategy for the IDEM business. They will drive improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers, provide technical support in the selection of suppliers, acceptance criteria for materials and component qualification at the supplier, and provide technical support to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures. In addition, focusing on risk mitigation, failure mode effective analysis for components and setting up our New Production Introduction teams for success with technical knowledge of key commodity areas.
This role will design and develop a clear strategy and roadmap of transformational programs in global Supplier Development program over several years. The specific role will be focused on developing supplier development teams with our Asian Manufacturing Plants, and partnering with our global procurement team on cost down project, and risk reduction focus areas. Defining a clear project for material specification improvements, supplier process capability initiatives and supporting risk mitigation with our key suppliers, the Leader will be required to manage cross-functional teams to ensure the successful completion of all projects, and have clear and communication lines with our key suppliers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead team of component engineer’s commodity experts to drive improvement within our supply base
- In support of New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts, work with design engineers and suppliers to optimize design drawings and supplier manufacturing processes so that high quality parts are consistently delivered
- Drive early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target cost saving for NPI programs
- Provide engineering oversight, support and consultancy to suppliers on process validations, design for manufacture (DFM), material selection, and process development
- Identify and prioritize parts (components and assemblies) requiring supplier development activities
- Review, understand and incorporate technical design risk assessments into the part evaluation process.
- Lead the technical aspects of Problem Solving, Failure Analysis, and Corrective and Preventative Actions with suppliers. Promote a culture of structured problem solving with suppliers.
- Monitor and control the progress of supplier engineering projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed.
- Assist Supplier Quality Engineering and suppliers to develop Component Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (CFMEA).
- Assist suppliers in developing final test requirements to ensure products meet specifications, engaging in test method development as necessary
- Work with Incoming Quality Control department to evaluate parts and resolve issues
- Provide technical support to product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives. Escalate potential supplier manufacturing and compliance issues.
- Provide technical support in failure analysis, re-design and drawing updates for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Travel to manufacturing supplier sites as necessary.
- Primary Degree level qualification in a science or engineering discipline, plus 6 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree in engineering with 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with manufacturing processes, including machining, extrusion, molding, welding. Experience with GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), quality measurement technique and use of SolidWorks
- Lean, six sigma training and statistical ability a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated capability in process development and transformation.
- Clear demonstrated capability in Organisational change Management.
- Excellent communication skills to support virtual program management requirements.
- Clear demonstrated experience in working in a diverse cultural environment.
- Excellent presentation skills to facilitate communication throughout the organisation.
- Travel pending company policy, global and country regulations is 25% APAC and 15 % Global. In addition, excellent use of virtual communication technology is required for effective workshop leadership and change management.
- The preferred location for this role is Ireland
For further information on this NPI Project Manager role in Ireland, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Global Component Engineering Manager A leading medical device company is recruiting for a Global Component Engineering Manager for their site…
Design Assurance Engineering Manager Are you a dynamic people manager with 10+ years of Design Assurance Engineering experience and ready…
Design Assurance Program Manager A leading medical device company is recruiting for DA Program Manager for their site in Galway….