Global Finished Goods Category Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Global Finished Goods Category Manager for their site.
Global Procurement is responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies to leverage relationships within business entity or across enterprise to achieve best total value. It includes Category and/or Commodity management strategies with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, and improving product quality and vendor service level. Individuals in Global roles will be required to have the knowledge, skills, abilities and experience to design and execute strategies in a global environment.
This position leads strategic sourcing activities for Finished Goods spend, works closely with key stakeholders in Business & Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain and in corporate functions to develop effective category strategies and implementation plans. This position will be responsible for the global spend of the company?s largest direct category.
The Global Finished Goods Category Manager will be an integral part of the Global Procurement organization and work closely with the Business & Operations and Marketing leadership team to develop and implement a global sourcing strategy and appropriate KPIs to measure success.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand Finished Goods spend across the business, analyse category markets and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analysis.
- Develops category expertise, maintains market intelligence and stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies.
- Lead efforts that drive cost optimization, improved quality and service and enhanced innovation through strategic sourcing, supplier relationship and risk management.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders upstream and downstream to ensure engagement, buy-in and ownership of key sourcing strategies.
- Develops supplier management strategies that enhance innovation and quality, reduces costs and improves supply chain efficiencies.
- Lead Supplier Selection and Negotiation through RFP Process.
- Leads and develops risk management strategies to increase awareness and ensure implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Support compliance and quality activities around procurement at varying sites.
- Drive and deliver cost savings opportunities aligned with organization commitments.
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market experts; identifying and communicating new technologies and solutions to Company?s key problems in the assigned spend areas
- Support integration projects for entities joining the company.
Qualifications & Experience
- 7-10 years of procurement experience with 3+ years? experience in medical devices preferred.
- Bachelor?s degree in supply chain, engineering or related technical degree.
- Experience in regulated industry quality systems, ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR 820 preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies that have yielded measurable business results.
- Experience leading multicultural virtual teams in a global and complex environment.
Preferred Experiential Background
- Technical acumen around medical devices.
- Strategic Thinking and Thought Leadership: Ability to see ahead and thinks in terms of possibilities; creates a clear vision and strategy, thinks broadly and understands interdependencies.
- People Leadership and Team Building: Ability to inspire and motivate others; attract, develop and retain talent; engenders support and trust from all levels of the organization.
- Influencing Skills and Lateral Leadership: Ability to build relationships and credibility across the organization; demonstrates managerial courage; strong negotiation skills resulting in win/win.
- Executional Excellence: Ability to get things done and multi-task; acts with a sense of urgency; willingly takes on tactical roles to achieve objectives; able to prioritize; excellent decision making/judgment skills.
- Sourcing and Procurement Proficiency: Strategic sourcing expertise and understands sourcing methodologies and tools; understands external market fundamentals, utilizes appropriate e-sourcing tools, generates and analyze innovative sourcing options that enable value, business and financial acumen, analytical skills, ethical responsibility.
For further information on this Global Finished Goods Category Manager role in Galway please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval