Global Logistics Program Manager
The Program Manager's prime responsibility is to manage the global logistics project portfolio to ensure that projects remain on track and that the complex interaction between projects is managed. The job holder needs to work with the project teams to monitor progress, ensure that the company's project management tools and processes are effectively utilized and provide progress reports to senior management so that decisions can be made on resource allocation and priority setting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the project teams to prepare the following management documents, in conjunction with Project Assurance, and agree them with the Project Board:
- Project Initiation Document which include the Business Case, Project Risk & Issues Log, Project Plan (Ms Project) and Communication Strategy with Plan.
- Highlight Reports - Monthly
- Exception Report - Responsively to issues
- Milestone Reports - As a stage is reached or project output achieved
- Business Readiness Assessment - Before implementation of a Project Output
- Project End Report
- Provide programme management support by overseeing all global logistics projects to ensure that work is justified and neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Participate in project pipeline development and execution activities adopting opportunities into the portfolio.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers.
- Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Role is employed in a dynamic and fluid environment - sensitivity to change and adherence to good practice in Change Management is critical to success.
- Assist the project teams to produce the required Project Outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Responsibility for the PMT within Global Logistics so that project level information is maintained and the overall portfolio performance is monitored.
- Partake in Global Logistics council providing a connection to current and planned change activities in the network including statues updates and challenges.
- Establish and manage the project's procedures - project justification, risk management, communication, issues and change control.
- Establish and manage the project controls - monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure that authorization is provided in advance for work stream stages in projects so that progress is continual.
- Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Business Case
- Project Risk & Issues Log
- Project Plan
- Communications Plan
- The job holder should be experienced with project management techniques and understand logistics (warehouse and transportation) within a regulated industry.
- Qualification in Prince2 or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is desired.
- Logistics and/or Supply Chain experience is highly desirable, medical device or pharmaceutical industries is preferred.
- The job holder must be a team player with effective communication / listening skills and be experienced in managing projects from inception to post-implementation/sustaining using a phase-gate methodology.
- The job holder should be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates.
- The job holder will be able to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner.
- The job holder should be proficient in the use of Project Management Tools for planning, scheduling, & task estimation.
- The job holder should have advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs, Expert in PowerPoint and MS Project
- The job holder will have the ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
For further information on this Global Logistics Program Manager role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval