Global Operational Excellence Manager
Our client, a medical device company in County Galway are currently looking to recruit a Global Operational Excellence Manager for their site.
- The fast changing environment within the company means that business processes and the supporting organisation capabilities must continually evolve to keep pace with increasing levels of complexity and customer requirements.
- As Global Operational Excellence Manager you will support the Operational Excellence team to advance global strategy in areas of customer value, business process excellence and people development. You will contribute to strategic decision making by researching and conducting appropriate qualitative and quantitative studies. Applying critical thinking skills and using established tools and practices you will develop business cases and lead business process improvement initiatives to support our innovation, asset optimization & customer satisfaction strategies.
- This role involves working across all functions, frequently interacting with R&D, engineering, operations, commercial and marketing, pushing end-to-end process efficiencies that deliver true value to our customers.
- Perform a range of qualitative and quantitative analysis and case study techniques to advance key business projects that require cross-functional inputs in the areas of customer value, process excellence & people development
- Use or adapt computational models to provide insight on the probable effects of potential courses of action and develop project proposals with the appropriate inputs, analysis and recommendations
- Facilitate workshops and problem-solving sessions with functional leaders and specialists to drive excellence in our core business processes across the operations organization
- Perform what-if analysis, synthesize findings and make verbal/written data-driven recommendations to senior management to support strategic decision-making
- Develop timely reports on specific projects and appropriate indicators for specific processes as required by operational excellence team and the operating committee
- Work with other corporations to understand & share best practices
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or a science / mathematical discipline is essential
- An MBA or Master's Degree in a technical field would be an advantage
- 10+ years' industry experience in continuous improvement, business excellence or operational excellence is essential
- Experience of new product launches, industrialization, operations & quality processes and Supply Chain practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to work effectively with all functions globally
- Interpersonal savvy
- Strategic agility
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Black belt in Six Sigma
- Manufacturing experience
- International travel required, approx. 20%
For further information on this Global Operational Excellence Manager role in Galway please contact Roisin McNamara on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval