Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Global Procurement Category Manager for their site.
This position reports to the Global Procurement Manager for the Interventional Medical business unit. Build and manage a supplier base using a strategic sourcing approach across the 11 sites in this business unit. Maximise corporate purchasing leverage and manage supplier relationships to achieve best quality, price and service with managed risk and optimised working capital.
- Manage an assigned category or categories of spend across the site network within the Interventional Medical business unit
- Define and implement a business wide strategy for sourcing a quality driven, reliable, flexible and cost effective supply chain for the materials
- Lead supplier negotiations, selection and development of contracts and supply agreements
- Drive implementation of selected projects or strategies in co-operation with assigned site resources
- Liaise and co-operate with procurement teams in other business units and corporate procurement
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management activities, including periodic strategic reviews, supplier development activities, and inter-business improvement projects.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve supplier lead times, minimize total inventory and maximize cash flow
- Manage monthly metrics including cost, schedule attainment and performance factors of suppliers
- Work with colleagues to identify and execute continuous improvement and cost savings projects across the supply chain including developing new sources of supply
- Minimum 3 years? experience in similar strategic procurement/sourcing role in a manufacturing industry.
- Third level qualification in procurement, supply chain, technical or business related field.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and supplier management skills
- Possessing technical competence, a high level of commercial awareness and able to translate strategy into action
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to promote change within an organization. Capable of leading and coordinating a cross functional team of remotely located, multicultural professionals.
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems within a regulated manufacturing environment e.g. ISO13485, FDA
For further information on this Global Procurement Category Manager role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval