Job Title: Global Senior R&D Manager - Devices
Location – Trenton Lane, MN, USA or Galway, Ireland
Our client a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Manager for their site.
The successful candidate will:
- Own all product development engineering activity for the Devices Group within the Medical BU.
- Own all process development engineering activity for the Devices Group within the Medical BU.
- Play a leading role in our Global Device product development strategy.
- Build strong relationships with our customer organizations.
- Drive strong collaboration with our Commercial and Business Development Teams.
- Partner with CTO, Metals and Interconnect on Product Roadmap and Innovation efforts.
- Partner with Product Management, PMO and Operations in executing new product deliverables and successfully transferring new products into Operations.
- Support technology group in the delivery of demonstration prototypes on time to support identified programs.
- Delivery of working prototypes to ensure projects hit agreed timelines to design freeze.
- Delivery of required test units (design/clinical as required) on time and on budget.
- Development of processes to ensure device design passes timely and in budget transition through stage gates into long term operations/manufacturing.
- Attract and retain top engineering talent across the devices organization.
- Ensure a focus on ECE Extraordinary Customer Experience.
- Work closely with our Commercial and Business Development Organizations to support new business initiatives.
- Partner with the CTO, Business Development and Commercial in the development of innovative solutions or platforms that can help our customers to win in their markets.
- Align with Operations to set clear expectations regarding transferring new products into manufacturing.
- Partner with Product Management in overall Portfolio decisions and commitments.
- Develop and manage a high performing organization which is fit for purpose.
- Own and manage functional budget.
- Drive accountability in their teams to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Drive innovation and technical problem solving within the portfolio. Partner with Cross Functional Team in enabling the success of all new product development efforts.
- Work closely with existing and potential customers in selling our capabilities.
- Employee Development:
- Upskill and develop the R&D and PD teams to ensure effective execution of the existing and future portfolio
- Apply the TE philosophy of R&D in all hiring and development activities
- Support employees in reaching their career potential, utilizing the available resources (both system and process) and creating development plans that meet business expectations.
- Represent Device Engineering during all customer visits, tech days and executive presentations.
- Drive a culture of winning spirit and success.
Qualifications & Specialist Training Required:
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering.
- Proven expertise in process development.
- Proven experience as a Leader of a large Technical Engineering team.
- Execution and business results delivery focused.
- Experience of working in a multi-national - Public Company environment.
- Cost Center Management.
- International experience and personality geared toward New Product & Business Development – collaborative working & effective listening skills are critical in this role.
- Master qualified with the following competencies a distinct advantage - Portfolio Management; Strategic Planning; Technology Development/Evaluation.
- Strategic Marketing; Clinical Expertise; Integration Leader; Business Development; IP Creation/Management; Catheter/Guidewire Development; Design Controls Expert Hardware/Software Development.
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, fearless as to Business Development challenges.
- Ability to both push-back and champion vision for Device Engineering while prioritizing key initiatives.
- Experience in Strategic Planning; Mergers and Acquisition; Business Development & Customer Partnering.
- Team development – focus on building immediate and long-term team success through development.
- This position reports to the GM of the Metals and Devices Business with a dotted line to the Medical CTO
For further information on this Engineering role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.