The role will liaise with Manufacturing Units in Japan , Korea, China and Germany amongst many other external Global Suppliers and serve a Global Customer base across all continents. Ideally the successful candidate will have SAP experience.
The Global Supply Planner is responsible for maximizing product availability while optimizing inventory over the long-term planning horizon for the company's Business Unit. This role ensures the supply plan provided to the manufacturing sites meets customer demand while aligning with the financial strategy, minimizing expiry exposure and optimizing use of manufacturing capacity and resources.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate demand plan and inventory strategies into executable supply plans and communicate these to manufacturing sites and third-party manufacturers.
- Ensure inventory levels at distribution centres are optimized.
- Partner with manufacturing sites to resolve/mitigate supply risks and opportunities.
- Support allocation of inventory in low stock situations in conjunction with Commercial organization.
- Maintain capacity planning tools and parameters to generate rough-cut capacity plans.
- Coordinate, facilitate and drive improvement in Site Supply Review process.
- Partner with Finance organization to perform monthly financial integration of the supply plan and alignment to LBE process.
- Support generation of annual financial plan.
- Collaborate with R&D, Marketing, and Commercial to manage planning of all new product launches and product transfers to/from other manufacturing sites.
- Maintain accuracy of MRP system data.
- Scenario Planning capability .
- Chair the monthly Supply Review meeting with Manufacturing sites and provide Supply Response to the Leadership team.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years Planning experience in a Global Business Environment.
- Experience of supply chain in medical device industry is an advantage.
- Primary Degree in Engineering, Business or science is a prerequisite.
- SAP User experience and Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills to lead process changes.
- Experience of presenting to Global Executive teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency on multiple analytical tools such as Alteryx and Power BI.
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.