Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Graduate Health & Safety Officer for their site.
- Hold an honours degree (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) in either Health and Safety, or Engineering, Architecture, and/or Science, with a diploma in Health and Safety.
- Effective communications and liaison with officials from the regulatory authorities
- The management of risks from fire such as fire prevention and the carrying out of fire drills,
- Risk management in relation to hazardous substances and occupational diseases,
- Providing the required input for health and safety related training course/s and manuals for the organisation, including manual handling, Abrasive wheels, working at height and scheduling of external training where identified
- Understanding the construction industry,
- Health and Safety legislation, statutory requirements, their implications for the workplace and an appreciation of the legal process
Minimum 3 yrs relevant experience, including adequate experience in the areas specified below:
- The management of an appropriate audit process,
- Working as part of a team and liaison with contractors
- Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting work practices that comply with health and safety requirements,
- The preparation and regular revision of Health and Safety statements, Method Statements and strategies,
- Staff supervision and relevant administration including training matrix,
- Maintaining accurate records, particularly of inspection findings, of incidents and accidents, and the preparation of reports and statistical data required by management and the H.S.A.,
- The regular review of work methods and processes, which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Supporting line managers in the preparation, implementation, and regular review of safety related documentation including risk assessments, including advising on how risks can be reduced and the implementation of the safety management system for line managers on site
- Operating a safety management system.
- Providing safety discussions for all staff members on a regular basis
- Willing to travel and to work with other departments within the company from time to time
- Possess a current, full, clean Class B driving licence.
For further information on this Graduate Health & Safety Officer role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 0874108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.