Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12771
Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer is a key member of the engineering team tasked with supporting the introduction of new products and the manufacture of existing products within a regulated medical device operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under broad supervision from the Senior Manufacturing Engineer provide Engineering support for the introduction of new products and processes into Manufacturing.
- Generation and Maintenance of Product and Process Documentation (Drawings, Specifications, BOMs CHRs, Validations, Process Flows, Work Instructions Risk Assessments etc.)
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals/materials for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Participate in the planning of effective scaling of new products from initial builds to volume production.
- Take a hands-on approach to the ownership of first run builds for new products.
- As part of a Team diagnose and implement solutions to manufacturing issues, using a structured problem-solving approach, documenting these issues through the quality system to ensure robust processes.
- To understand, learn and develop operating programs for a range of equipment and to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific assigned processes and equipment.
- Participate in the implementation of lean manufacturing principles.
- Continually seek to drive improvements in process design and capability, layout, operational performance and reduce defects.
- Challenge and improve the production flow (CHR) to achieve quality at source, fast feedback from inspections, clear and concise standard work and inspection standards.
- Design jigs and fixtures to meet manufacturing requirements and optimise machine changeover.
- To meet and/or exceed the Milestones and Goals agreed with the Company
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These “other duties” will be agreed with management prior to any assignment.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
A Degree qualification in Engineering is essential, preferably coupled with a final year project/industrial placement within the Medical Device Industry.
- 1 – 2 years industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A very practical, constructive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to manage several tasks simultaneously combined with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Knowledge of ergonomics and its application in a production environment and of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma methodologies is an advantage.
For further information on this role please contact David Smyth on 086 1071395 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…