H & S Administrator
Our client in Galway is currently looking to recruit a H&S Administrator for their site.
This position plays a vital role in ensuring that the Health and Safety Department runs effectively and efficiently while also providing an essential support service to the H&S Officer.
The successful candidate will be based at our main office in Galway, although they may be required to travel to work at any location linked to the company.
- Develop, monitor, implement and audit Health and Safety procedures/policies
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Organisations Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory and environmental requirements
- Assist in carrying out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced
- Keep record of incidents and produce statistics for senior management
- Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) Legislation and any developments effecting the industry
- Provide Training, Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required
- Improve the health and safety culture, through training and awareness campaigns
- Deal with any ad-hoc duties that may arise
- Ordering of supplies for sites such as P.P.E & ensuring they are registered, signed for and that there is always a stock of same
- Supporting the EHS Officer in general admin duties
- Partake in Toolbox Talks, where necessary, to raise awareness of specific hazards in the workplace to other employees
- Maintaining & testing of emergency equipment on sites
- A Degree or diploma in Health & Safety an advantage but not essential
- A hardworking individual looking to gain experience, with a positive attitude and willingness to learn on the job
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
For further information on this H & S Administrator role in Galway please contact Maureen Ferguson on 0860462367/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval