Telephone: 087 2197421
Hardware Design Engineer
Our client, an IT company in Antrim is currently looking to recruit a Hardware Design Engineer for their site.
Main duties include:
- Design and development of electronic hardware, and associated supporting data, within the assigned product range.
- Contribute to the development of existing and creation of new products through electronic design of circuits and systems.
- As required, conduct research and validate designs within area of responsibility.
- If assigned by your Manager, to be responsible for specific component development, ensuring best use in design and production applications.
- Review of customer specifications and other documentation, identifying and extracting information relevant to the implementation of products and projects. Co-ordination of this activity with other team members, as required.
- Complete all the required documentation under Design and Development process, ensuring all the relevant personnel are involved and all milestones are met.
- Develop schematics and PCB layouts in CAD package and hold reviews either on a one-to-one basis plus hold meetings at the various review stages in the Development Process.
- Organise design reviews and liaise with all departments involved, obtaining their approvals.
- Co-ordinate the building of prototypes in lab, testing, validation and de-bugging for parts/products within remit.
- Provide hands-on support to other departments for assigned products and activities. E.g. manufacturing, purchasing, QA Labs. This will typically involve attendance at various meetings, discussions, etc, plus negotiation. (where required).
- Drive deliverables, assigned to you, against development plans, ensuring that customer and internal milestones are met.
- Develop DOE tests, Designer tests, Validation tests and Test-To-Failure plans as and when required.
- An Honours Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent (2:1 minimum).
- At least 3 years recent experience in a similar role involving digital and analogue design
For further information on this Hardware Design Engineer role in Antrim please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.