Telephone: 087 2197421
Hardware Design Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Hardware Design Engineer for their site.
Responsibilities of a Hardware Design Engineer:
- Research system and embedded hardware design solutions
- Schematic design and development of embedded systems.
- Review and approval of PCB layouts – ensure PCB layout is optimized for EMC performance.
- Carry out design calculations including worst case and thermal analysis using MATHCAD.
- Carry out design simulations using PSpice
- Generation of hardware design requirements
- Efficient day to day technical guidance and management of assigned resources.
- Support electronic testing of prototypes including: EMI/RFI, Environmental and ESD.
- Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
- Lead HW DFMEA & DFM&T hardware activities
- Manage technical communication on HW topics with the customer
- Responsibility for identifying & scheduling all hardware development tasks in conjunction with relevant Project Manager. Generation of timing plans for same.
- Interface with S/W Dev Engineers re adherence to Timing Plan for key milestones.
- Adhere to Internal & Customer Procedures
- Keep up to date with new Standards in the Industry
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in electronic design.
- Excellent analysis skills in trouble-shooting electronic module failures
- Experience with 16 bit & 32 bit micro-controllers (Microchip, Freescale)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined & energetic
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can work alone, with little supervision.
- The person must be able to demonstrate a level of commitment, initiative and quality of workmanship required within an R&D environment.
For further information on this Hardware Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval