Our client, a financial services company in Dublin is currently looking to recruit a Head of Private Equity & Hybrid Fund for their site.
What will I be Doing
- Managing the Private Equity & Hybrid Fund Accounting Operations teams of 30 members.
- You will report into the Managing Director (MD) for the Irish Entity.
- You will work with the Managing Director and with key stakeholders in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds across both teams.
- You will have extensive experience in the Auditing or Administration of Private Equity & Hybrid.
- Experience in private equity is mandatory and exposure to debt instruments would be a positive.
- You will have a proven knowledge of the fund industry, should have demonstrated experience in leading teams.
- Experience working on Geneva, eFront and/or Investran would also be highly beneficial for this position.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships.
- Responsible for the oversight of the audit process for assigned relationships within your team.
- Liaising with Investment Managers and Clients.
- Primary contact for level 1 clients and escalation for others.
- Ensure adequate working knowledge of currency hedging.
- Experience dealing with complex P&L allocations across entities within an overall structure
- Strong understanding and experience dealing with various types of waterfall calculations.
- Ensuring the timely delivery from your group of Net Asset Values (NAV’s) to Investment managers and/or public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
- Prompt payments of our Administration, Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees
- Assist with the training & development of direct reports
- Ensure effective task allocation and delegation across your team
- Make sure, where appropriate, that your group verifies the pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds
- Utilize offshore operational centers for the appropriate tasks within your group
- Preparation & review of all calls with any relevant equalization amounts and distributions
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions
- Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Management oversight of the Audit process and delivery for your group
- Ensure the fund in your group are review of the NAV in accordance with the global KOP and fund checklist.
- Manage client requests/queries. Deal with any clients reviews or scorecards. Due diligence visits.
- Ensure you groups Set-up of performance fees / waterfall at the Onboarding stage of the fund are accurate and complete. Obtain client sign-off for our interpretation of any part of the methodology that isn’t clearly described in the fund documentation. Offline recalculation of fee.
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- Ensure management of the Outsourcing relationships (OSP) are closely managed and tracked and are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Closely track and report capacity of your group
- Participate in new business pitches and FTE estimation for its servicing.
- Involvement in various project and product offering development.
What Do I Need
- Extensive fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Familiarity with the varied PE accounting system is a major plus
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree preferred- accounting, finance, business or economics
For further information on this Head of Private Equity & Hybrid Fund role in Dublin please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.