Telephone: 087 2197421
Head of Production
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Head of Production for their site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of day to day activities within production ensuring customer requirements are met in a timely, compliant, safe and cost-effective manner.
- To directly manage a team of Production Managers responsible for manufacturing product to targeted production plans in a quality driven manner.
- Ensure all operational performance measures are reached which include productivity, efficiency, waste, quality and safety. Prepare reports and present on same.
- To support site business strategies ensuring personnel are organized on appropriate shift patterns as required to ensure optimum operational performance is achieved.
- Manage and drive performance through the supervisor team and liaise with department managers on issues that directly affect the production activities.
- Drive a consistent team based approach across production ensuring open two way communication at all times.
- Drive team meetings, team problem solving, continuous improvement initiatives across the production department.
- Develop and maintain safety programs including appropriate training and communication sessions and ensuring the safety of all personnel.
- Manage people issues including absenteeism, return to work interviews, performance, management etc. in consultation with HR.
- Ensuring hygiene and housekeeping standards are at a level to ensure 100% daily GMP compliance. Identifying corrective action if GMP is not fully in compliance
- Management of production budget
- Work closely with relevant Functional managers to ensure appropriate assessment, staffing and scheduling of R&D projects and New Product Introductions to ensure internal project milestones and customer expectations are assured.
- Work closely with Quality, Warehouse, Procurement and Engineering supervisors to ensure that production & shipping targets are met through open communications and teamwork.
- Resolve any non-conformance in the manufacturing system by timely and effective corrective action.
- Set KPI’s for direct reports and monitor performance against these goals.
- Champion Operational Excellence programmes and participate in projects as required
- Ensure that training records are maintained and a training plan prepared for each member of the production department.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in an acceptable condition such that product quality, personnel safety or the environment are not adversely affected.
- 8 years+ experience in a manufacturing management role, with a min of 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, an innate ability to influence and build relationships at all levels and a driving vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement and development
- Have a high level of commercial and business awareness, be action oriented complemented by the resilience to achieve challenging objectives.
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change.
- Must be a pro-active self-starter and an excellent communicator with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Inspirational, able to influence, motivate and encourage teamwork
For further information on this Head of Production role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval